Olde Towne offers social distancing options for restaurants and tours
Date: March 19, 2020 By: email@example.com Category: Uncategorized
Like many neighborhoods around the country, Olde Towne has faced with many changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses, museums, parks, and churches have adapted to safety concerns with temporary measures to protect our health. If you’re looking for a good meal or sunny walk over the next few of weeks, Olde Towne has plenty to offer! Check out our list of options below to eat and drink well. Then, get outside for some fresh air while learning more about the art and history of this amazing city!
While limitations remain on businesses, restaurants on High Street have offered alternatives to dining-in. Below is a list of restaurants with take out, delivery, and patio seating. Please keep in mind restaurants are adapting as health guidelines change. Call or check online for the most up-to-date offerings. Click on the restaurant’s name below for more information.
- 619 Cantina has teamed up with the Portmouth Humane Society to offer PAWS MATTER. Proceeds from these growlers will go to the Portmouth Humane Society. 619 Cantina is open for patio seating, curbside pick up and take-out from 11 am – 8 pm seven days a week. Walk-in or call 757-392-2477 for handmade tacos, burritos, bowls and quesadillas, as well as daily deals on craft and local beer. Check Facebook for menus and specials.
- Baron’s Pub is offering patio seating and take-out, including Family Dinner Packs. Get four burgers and fries or chips for $20. Chicken tenders and fries – 10 for $20 or 5 for $10. Wings are 25 for $18 or 12 for $10. Visit their website for other menu options and call 757-399-4840 to place your order, including beer and wine. Six-packs of beer are $8.
- Beyond Vegan Cell Food is offering take-out. Call 757-606-1307.
- The Bier Garden is offering seating on three patios along with to-go and delivery options. This includes beer and wine at special discounts. See their temporary menu. Order online or call 757-393-6022. Free delivery is available on orders of $15 or more Monday – Friday from 3 to 7 pm and weekends from noon to 7 pm.
- Brutti’s Catering offers family style meals fully cooked, along with reheating instructions. They will deliver to Portsmouth, Norfolk, and parts of Suffolk and Chesapeake. Order online and check weekly for new menus and holiday specials.
- Cafe Europa is available for take-out or curbside pick-up on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Their chef will offer a choice of two soups, two salads, and four entrees, which will change weekly. Call 364-5570 one day in advance to place your order and ensure your meal is fresh on the day of pick-up. As a show of customer appreciation, for every five dinners purchased, the sixth will be on-the-house!
- Fish & Slips offers patio seating, take-out, or delivery to boats that pull up to Tidewater Yacht Marina. They have Pans-To-Go meals to feed families. Menu options are available online. Call 757-998-6631 to order. Hours are noon – 8 pm.
- Gosport Tavern accepts orders to-go and curbside pick-up from 11 am – 8 pm. They also offer GrubHub for delivery. Growler fills are $10 and all bottled and canned beer is 50 percent off. Call 757-606-2666.
- Guads Mexican Restaurant has patio seating and offers take-out with curbside pick-up. Call 399-6120 to order.
- Griff’s Restaurant and Sports Lounge is open daily from 11 am to 9 pm for take-out, Door Dash, and patio seating. Call 757-606-3990 to order.
- Humboldt Steel Corporation is open with patio seating. Call 757-606-2949 for information.
- Jimmy Johns offers delivery for $1 and now also offers curbside pick-up. Free sides are available for active military, first responders, nurses and veterans. Order a giant 16 inch sub and get a free large drink. Or feed a family with four 8 inch original subs and four pickle spears for $20.
- Legend Brewing Depot has patio seating with a view of the Elizabeth River. Menu items are also available to-go, including growlers and wine. Call 757-998-6733 to order. Temporary hours are 1 pm – 8 pm Tuesday – Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday.
- Longboards offers patio seating or curbside pick-up. They are open from 3-8 pm daily. Visit their website for their full menu and call 757-399-4010 to order.
- Olde Towne Public House is open Monday through Wednesday from 3 to midnight and Thursday through Sunday from 11 am to midnight with patio seating. Visit oldetownpublichouse.com for their menu and their Facebook page for specials. Call 757-966-1229 to order.
- Petite Sweets is open Friday and Saturday for walk-in or pick-up orders. They also deliver orders of $15 or more. Call 757-966-1538 to order. Visit their Facebook page for weekly specials.
- Roger Brown’s Restaurant and Sports Bar offers patio seating or curbside pick up at their Queen Street entrance. Orders may be placed through their website. Door Dash is also available for delivery orders. The restaurant has also created a fresh market open daily from 2 – 7 pm, offering more than 50 items. Visit RogerBrowns.com for the full list.
- Stellar Wine Co. offers a special menu for take out and delivery within Portsmouth, including wine specials. Check their Facebook page for weekly specials. Only credit card payments will be accepted.
- Still Worldly Eclectic Tapas is temporarily closed.
- Thai Basil offers patio seating, take out, and Door Dash. Order may be placed online. Open 11 am – 10 pm Tuesday – Friday and noon – 9:30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The Coffee Shoppe offers patio seating, in-store ordering, or curbside pick-up. Call 757-391-9191 to order. Uber Eats will also deliver for free. New combo deals include breakfast for $10 with a choice of a breakfast sandwich, wrap, burrito or bowl with a doughnut or mini pastry on the side and a choice of a small latte, or large coffee or tea. Lunch combos are $13. Choose a sandwich or wrap with a side of cake, chocolate chip cookie, brownie or Rice Krispie Treat and a drink. Temporary hours are: Monday – Friday 7 am – 2 pm; Saturday 8 am – 2 pm. Sunday closed.
- Yoolks on Us offers patio seating or take-out orders. Call 757-392-3992 to order or make a patio reservation.
If fresh air is calling your name, try a self-guided walking tour. Tour the Historic Residential District and learn more about the large collection of antique homes in Olde Towne. You will discover various architectural styles and learn about the many people that have made Olde Towne special in its 250-year history. With more than 200 homes to see, this tour could become lengthy. For your convenience, directions are provided for three different length loops. You can choose to walk 0.6 mile, a little over a mile, or close to 2 miles with directions back to your starting point. Each tour begins at the Middle Street Parking Garage on the corner of Middle and London streets.
Take the Path of History tour for a larger look at Olde Towne. This self-guided tour comes with a map and will take you through the business district, the residential district, along with river, as well as past historic churches and public art. Pick and choose what you’d like to see and learn more about the city’s history with the list of Fun Facts included.
If art is your focus, take a self-guided tour of the many murals and sculptures in the Portsmouth Cultural Arts District. This walk is about 1.25 miles, beginning at the County Street Garage. Parking here is free on weekends and two-hour street parking is always free in Olde Towne. Enjoy our beautiful, whimsical, and historical additions along High Street.
Spring is coming and there are still plenty of options for being healthy and eating well during this unusual time! Support one of our many locally-owned restaurants with a meal to-go, find a pretty spot to have a picnic, and take a walk around our beautiful city. There are many sites to see and stories to learn reminding you of the resilience of the people who lived and worked here before us!