Olde Towne offers social distancing options for restaurants and tours
Date: March 19, 2020 By: email@example.com Category: Uncategorized
Like many neighborhoods around the country, Olde Towne is faced with many changes due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses, museums, parks, and churches are adapting to safety concerns with temporary measures to protect our health. If you’re looking for a good meal or sunny walk over the next couple of weeks, Olde Towne still has plenty to offer! Check out our list of options below to eat and drink well. Then, get outside for some fresh air while learning more about the art and history of this amazing city!
In light of the governor’s recent restrictions on businesses, restaurants on High Street are offering alternatives to dining-in. Below is a list of restaurants with take out and delivery options to help customers maintain social distancing guidelines. Please keep in mind restaurants are adapting daily. Call or check online for the most up-to-date offerings. Click on the restaurant’s name below for more information.
- Baron’s Pub is offering take-out and delivery. Visit their website for menu options and call 757-399-4840 to place your order, including beer and wine.
- Beyond Vegan Cell Food is offering take-out. Call 757-606-1307.
- The Bier Garden is offering to-go and delivery options, including beer and wine at special discounts. Call 757-393-6022. The Bier Garden Gift Shop has temporarily closed, but items from the gift shop are also available with orders.
- Brutti’s Catering offers family style meals fully cooked, along with reheating instructions. They will deliver to Portsmouth, Norfolk, and parts of Suffolk and Chesapeake. Order online and check weekly for new menus. Use the code WELCOME to add free brownies to your first purchase!
- Cafe Europa is available for take-out or curbside pick-up on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Their chef will offer a choice of two soups, two salads, and four entrees, which will change weekly. Call 364-5570 one day in advance to place your order and ensure your meal is fresh on the day of pick-up.
- Fish & Slips offers take-out and curbside (dockside!) pick-up. They have started Pans-To-Go meals to feed families. Menu options are available online. Call 757-998-6631 to order.
- Gosport Tavern accepts orders to-go and curbside pick-up from 11 am – 8 pm. They now also offer GrubHub for delivery. Growler fills are $10 and all bottled and canned beer is 50 percent off. Call 757-606-2666.
- Guads Mexican Restaurant is offering take-out and curbside pick-up. Call 399-6120 to order.
- Griff’s Restaurant and Sports Lounge is temporarily closed.
- Humboldt Steel Corporation is offering curbside pick-up including beer and wine to-go. Call 757-606-2949 from 10 am – 10 pm to order. They are offering a Take & Bake pizza special – get an 18 inch dough ball, sauce, and two toppings for $15.
- Jimmy Johns continues to offer delivery for $1 and now also offers curbside pick-up. Free sides are available for active military, first responders, nurses and veterans. Order a giant 16 inch sub and get a free large drink. Or feed a family with four 8 inch original subs and four pickle spears for $20.
- Legend Brewing Depot is offering food to-go and will fill new growlers with beer. Temporary hours are 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday – Saturday.
- Longboards is offering its full menu for curbside pick-up. Visit their website for menu options and call 757-399-4010 to order.
- Olde Towne Public House is temporarily closed.
- Petite Sweets will deliver bakery items for orders of $15 or more. Curbside pick-up is also available. The shop is open 11 am – 3 pm, but temporarily closed on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Roger Brown’s Restaurant and Sports Bar is offering curbside pick up at their Queen Street entrance. Orders may be placed through their website. Door Dash is also available for delivery orders.
- Stellar Wine Co. offers a special menu for take out and delivery within Portsmouth, including wine specials. Only credit card payments will be accepted.
- Still Worldly Eclectic Tapas is temporarily closed.
- Thai Basil is offering take out and Door Dash. Order may be placed online. Open 11 am – 9:30 pm.
- The Coffee Shoppe is offering customers curbside pick up for to-go orders. Call 757-391-9191 to order. Or, Uber Eats will deliver for free. A BOGO offer is available on select items through the end of March. Temporary hours are: Monday – Friday 7 am – 2 pm; Saturday 8 am – 2 pm; and Sunday 9 am – noon.
- Yoolks on Us offers take-out orders available by calling 757-392-3992.
If fresh air is calling your name, try a self-guided walking tour. Tour the Historic Residential District and learn more about the large collection of antique homes in Olde Towne. You will discover various architectural styles and learn about the many people that have made Olde Towne special in its 250-year history. With more than 200 homes to see, this tour could become lengthy. For your convenience, directions are provided for three different length loops. You can choose to walk 0.6 mile, a little over a mile, or close to 2 miles with directions back to your starting point. Each tour begins at the Middle Street Parking Garage on the corner of Middle and London streets.
Take the Path of History tour for a larger look at Olde Towne. This self-guided tour comes with a map and will take you through the business district, the residential district, along with river, as well as past historic churches and public art. Pick and choose what you’d like to see and learn more about the city’s history with the list of Fun Facts included.
If art is your focus, take a self-guided tour of the many murals and sculptures in the Portsmouth Cultural Arts District. This walk is about 1.25 miles, beginning at the County Street Garage. Parking here is free on weekends and two-hour street parking is always free in Olde Towne. Enjoy our beautiful, whimsical, and historical additions along High Street.
Spring is coming and there are still plenty of options for being healthy and eating well during this unusual time! Support one of our many locally-owned restaurants with a meal to-go, find a pretty spot to have a picnic, and take a walk around our beautiful city. There are many sites to see and stories to learn reminding you of the resilience of the people who lived and worked here before us!