Hill House Museum
221 North Street • (757) 393-0241
Imagine a family went for an afternoon stroll and never returned home…
This is what if feels like in the Hill House Museum which is furnished entirely with family belongings from 19th and 20th centuries.
The Hill House (circa 1825) is a four story antebellum English basement home, originally constructed in the Federal Style. As the home’s architecture and furnishings have evolved through many generations of the Hill family, the internal integrity of Hill House still remains. Few changes have been made to the house over the years with the exception of several additions connecting the original house with the once separate kitchen. Also, additional changes are apparent throughout the house as each generation placed their mark on the architecture from Federal to its current Victorian influences.
May through December
Saturday: 11 am –3 pm